We are excited to announce the upcoming launch of the Avocado Toast Financial Planning Club!
Should you or should you not DIY your investing? In this episode Eric and Matt cover:
- The emotional cycle of investing
- Psychological biases
- Investing discipline
- When to seek professional help
In a prior episode Eric and Matt discussed tips for making finances work in a marriage. Unfortunately, not all marriages work out. In this episode Eric and Matt discuss tips for planning for or going through a divorce. In this episode learn how to:
- Budget for divorce
- Review your debts and credit
- Update estate planning documents
- Hire a team to guide you through the process
Let’s face it – No one* ever became rich skipping out on that daily latte, buying generic instead of brand name, skipping the Avocado Toast for breakfast, or any one of the myriad of financial advice “tips” you may encounter on the Internet.
On the Avocado Toast Podcast – We try to capture the big ticket items that can make a meaningful impact to your financial health and well being in our RETIRE podcast series. But the #1 tool you have to increase your long-term wealth for most HENRYs is your EARNING POWER. In this episode Eric and Matt focus on helpful tips for increasing the top line – how to drive your current of future earning power higher to help you achieve your financial goals.
*Ok, maybe there are a few disciplined misers out there
In this episode Eric and Matt talk stock picking, the markets and how stocks trade, market timing, “play accounts” and much more!
The 401(k) plan is one of the most common employee benefits offered by small, medium, and large employers alike. In this episode Eric and Matt discover some of the fundamentals of 401(k) plans including:
- What is a 401(k) plan ?
- Why companies offer it
- What are the advantages of a 401(k) plan?
- What are the downsides of a 401(k) plan?
and much more!
Presidential elections receive enormous amounts of media attention, and associated economic and stock market analysis. In this episode Eric and Matt discuss:
- A look at past elections + investment behavior
- Does it matter for the stock market if a republican or democrat wins?
- What factors impact stock prices?
- Comparing the long term growth of $1 invested in the market with both republican and democratic presidents
- Why diversification remains important
Whether you are a recent newlywed, planning on getting married soon, or have been married for a long time but feel your relationship with your spouse when it comes to money can be improved, this episode is for you! Learn healthy money habits and tips from Eric and Matt that you can implement in your relationship. There is no time like the present!
In this second episode on Employee Benefits and Open Enrollment, Eric and Matt dive deeper on Health Savings Accounts (HSAs), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Dependent Care FSAs, and Mega Backdoor Roth IRAs.
Give this episode a listen and understand what is offered to you so you can maximize these tremendous benefits and save big!
Open enrollment season is here! In this episode Eric and Matt cover some of the basics you should understand about common employee benefits that your employer may offer, including:
- Health insurance and some of the common terminology should understand
- VSP/Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- HSA/FSA Accounts